Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Modifying the DVD Menu to suit your requirements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [GENERAL] >> ROMSKYE'S TOOL SHED >> Modifying the DVD Menu to suit your requirements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modifying the DVD Menu to suit your requirements - 3/2/2006 11:03:49 AM   
geoff_pell

The options to make a DVD perform in the way of one's choice seem almost endless.

Modifications can easily be carried out by changes to the VOB and IFO files that were created as part of the Make Disc compilation.

Some simple modifications are explained using PgcEdit in the following the step by step Pdf guide through each entire process, using both graphics and text.

Work is currently in progress to produce a general guide that will enable users to understand how to modify the menu to suit their own requirement whatever it may be.
 (Currently I am hoping to be able to post this sometime in April)

I am looking for inspiration, practical requirements, so if anyone has a specific need and would like some assistance, please post details in the Creating Video - Making Movies section.

Meanwhile the downloads below should address some of the requirements and provide clues for other DIY efforts. 

The first easy, get to know a few tricks routine, is quite simple:

Make a DVD without a Menu start automatically and run Endlessly.

This easy option also has a Pdf Guide Sheet using IFOEDIT 

The second routine becomes a little more involved and a lot more interesting:

Make a DVD with a Menu Play ALL Once, or Loop Endlessly.

The third routine is simple, but very involved and contains some useful information that would otherwise take quite a while to accumulate.  This also enables a better understanding of how it all works.  (I hope).  Do try, its fun:

Produce a DVD with Options to Play ALL once OR Loop ALL endlessly
                Play Each and every chapter just Once OR Loop every single chapter Endlessly

The fourth routine shows a simple way of playing the video automatically once the menu has played through just one single time:

Play the Menu Once Before Playing the Video Automatically

Upon completion of the video normal Menu and Video functions will be available.

To download a Pdf Instruction Sheets simply click on the relevant link above and wait. The download will start automatically
OR can be downloaded using Getright Right click on the link and select that option.

Thanks go to r0lZ the creator PgcEdit and Derrow who created IFOEDIT from which it was inspired.  And to Butch for making this possible.

Geoff

< Message edited by geoff_pell -- 3/21/2006 2:41:07 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [GENERAL] >> ROMSKYE'S TOOL SHED >> Modifying the DVD Menu to suit your requirements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode