Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [GENERAL] >> PICTURE TUTORIALS >> Conversation Forum >> RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback - 4/13/2010 2:34:51 AM   
geoff_pell

Hi Alex

I will get the latest version of PgcEdit and take a look.

Two or three months ago I started on an update to my manual and found a variation that I had not seen before.
That could be useful but I did not have time to investigate it.

With the versions I used the video had to be constructed just as Joe has explained:

quote:

For example, if you were making a tutorial dvd that had 10 chapters. You could set it up to play 1,3,5, and 9, or 2,3,7,5, 1, and 8. That's not a typo, you could play them in any order, as many ways as you like, as long as you have room to put buttons on your menu.

But before you can make playlists, you have to set chapter markers.

With a Video_ts containing just a one second menu with just a single button and the video split up into chunks (Chapters) you can do just about anything that you want and certainly what you seems to be attempting to do.

Much of what you are asking is beyond what I know as I saw no reason to go that route.
Basically I attempted to create a guide that anyone could use and without any real need to understand any gobbledegook.

What is (or certainly was) necessary was to create a DVD along the lines already mentioned and then create a DVD file to modify in PgcEdit.
PgcEdit also had the capability to create an ISO file and then burn a DVD.  But there have been changes in that area too.

I will take another look and get back here later.

I did not like Sony at all and as a result don't know how things are done there, but the resulting Video_ts file will be the same and suitable.

Have you opened your project Video_ts folder in PgcEdit and looked at the list of menu(s) and title(s)?
(I am not clear whether you have created a Video-ts or whether it failed?)

Geoff

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geoff_pell -- 4/13/2010 2:47:25 AM >
Post #: 21
RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback - 4/13/2010 10:50:31 PM   
alex

Well, I found Vob Blanker and the split cell function.  Woo Hoo.  I split my video into 6 cells.  Now I can see if I can use PgcEdit to make it all tick.  The split cell thing would be nice to have in PgcEdit.  If only I were a programmer.

Thanks for the help : )

Inspire your imagination,

Imagine your inspiration.
Post #: 22
RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback - 4/14/2010 2:05:42 AM   
geoff_pell

Great stuff Alex.

Please let us know how you get on.

I did find a likely looking option in PgcEdit that I had never seen before.
When I went back later to give it a go I could not find it and I have not been able to find it since.
Many things have been moved around in PgcEdit seemingly making it a constant re-learning exercise.

Geoff

Post #: 23
RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback - 4/14/2010 7:35:14 AM   
Yarra

Quote:- I did find a likely looking option in PgcEdit that I had never seen before.
When I went back later to give it a go I could not find it and I have not been able to find it since. End Quote

With all due respect  to yourself and PgcEdit, I was amused when I read the above quote from your recent post.  This brought back to mind the song of around 1960/1965, about the Marvellous Toy by Peter Paul and Mary (I think)

I trust you find what you are looking for ------------

Post #: 24
RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback - 4/15/2010 2:54:51 AM   
geoff_pell

quote:

I did find a likely looking option in PgcEdit that I had never seen before.

NA! I must have been at the wine.

The content can be added and saved but outside PgcEdit anyway.

That's what happens when one is in a rush.

Geoff

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geoff_pell -- 4/15/2010 2:58:38 AM >
Post #: 25
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [GENERAL] >> PICTURE TUTORIALS >> Conversation Forum >> RE: PgcEdit Guide Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode