Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Liquid Tutorials Page

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [SOFTWARE] >> VIDEO APPLICATIONS >> Liquid >> Liquid Tutorials Page Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Liquid Tutorials Page - 9/5/2008 9:31:53 PM   
Butch

Equipment:
CAM: Sony TRV520
Video PC: HP Pavillion, AMD Quad Core 3.2, Ram: 8.00 gb., 1-500 gb SATA & 1-TB gb SATA, ATI Radeon, 18X DL DvD R AUDIO: Onboard Realtek 7.1 Surround. Win7 Professional 64bit
I have created an off-forum page where we will be posting Liquid tutorials for your use.  Click here to view the list.

VF invites anyone interested in submitting a tutorial to contact me for upload information. 

It is hoped that they provide you with quality information on your journey into making Liquid your editor of choice.
Post #: 1
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 9/5/2008 9:33:19 PM   
Butch

Equipment:
CAM: Sony TRV520
Video PC: HP Pavillion, AMD Quad Core 3.2, Ram: 8.00 gb., 1-500 gb SATA & 1-TB gb SATA, ATI Radeon, 18X DL DvD R AUDIO: Onboard Realtek 7.1 Surround. Win7 Professional 64bit
Comments and ideas for tutorials are welcome here.
Post #: 2
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 9/5/2008 10:10:36 PM   
shambels

Equipment:
Dell XPS400 Windows XP Home Pentium D 2.8 ghz 3GB RAM, Radeon X600 256mb, 160GB, 200GB HDs, Studio 9Plus (9.3.5) Avid Liquid 7.20 (Build 4296) . Camcorders: Canon Vixia HFM300, Canon Sureshot S1 IS, highspeed cable internet
Butch was kind enough to allow me to submit a tutorial about making menus in Liquid.  The fact that I was able to do so does not indicate any real skill on my part, rather it indicates how easy menu making actually is.  Easy, that is, if you do not start with a premade menu and try to customize it.  Menu making is a very straightforward process with easy to understand steps that will take you from start to a successful finish.

In the tutorial above the menu that is made turns out pretty fancy.  But it is not really more difficult than a basic menu with a photo background.  It just takes a few more steps.  I encourage all new users to give custom menu making a try.  You will be pleasantly surprised.

Melvin Shambels
"Gurgle on with Liquid!!"
Post #: 3
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 9/6/2008 4:47:37 AM   
Doc

Equipment:
Hardware HP Intel core2 Quad CPU 2.67ghz 4gb ram - Nvidia GeForce 8600GT - ADS A/V Link capture device Camera Canon 7D | Canon 1Ds MKII Software Windows 7 Ultimate, Vegas9 Pro + DVDA5, TMPGEnc 4.0 Express & TMPGEnc DVD Author, Adobe CS4 Production Premium Audacity audio editor
Very nicely done. My only comment is the time it takes before the flash movie starts. Even with my dsl connection, it took a looong time before the video began to play.

I highly recommend using Vimeo to upload and convert your tutorials to flash movies. You can upload up to 500mb of movies per week...including HD movies and either create a 'channel' to feature the tutorials similar to my USS Oriskany channel or you can embed the code to have the flash movie show and play on your own web page like this example.

Doc

< Message edited by Doc -- 9/6/2008 4:49:52 AM >

My photo gallery
Post #: 4
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 10/23/2008 9:34:03 AM   
alan wells

Equipment:
Intel Quad 4 Q9300 2.5GHZ, ASUS P5N32-E, 4GB RAM, Seagate 160GB, 2 x 500GB, NEC DVD R/W, LG Blu-ray writer, Sapphire Radeon HD3850, Creative SB Extreme, Liquid 7.2, Studio 12 Ult, Cameras various inc. Sony DCR-TRV620E, Canon HV20
I am having a problem with Animated Picons so I thought that I would have a look at the Training Video to find out what I am doing wrong. Saved the Flash Video to a downloads file but when I try to play it, I get the message "Trial Expired Prism Video Converter". 'Oh, woe is me', can I do nothing right!
Post #: 5
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 10/23/2008 10:04:06 AM   
dun4cheap

Equipment:
Canon Digital XT, Optura 20, Panasonic DV 101, ADS Pyro AV Link, MBD
With animated picons, the footage does not have to be in the timeline. I use sublips. You just need to make sure that the footage is as long as the DVD menu.

Ed Woods
www.pqsports.dyndns.org
Post #: 6
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 10/23/2008 3:30:13 PM   
alan wells

Equipment:
Intel Quad 4 Q9300 2.5GHZ, ASUS P5N32-E, 4GB RAM, Seagate 160GB, 2 x 500GB, NEC DVD R/W, LG Blu-ray writer, Sapphire Radeon HD3850, Creative SB Extreme, Liquid 7.2, Studio 12 Ult, Cameras various inc. Sony DCR-TRV620E, Canon HV20
Ed,

Firstly, I have managed to get the tutorial (mentioned above) to work but the download sure is slow, good tutorial though and well done!

I have had a problem getting animated buttons to work properly. To let you understand, I learned Liquid from the Adita training tutorials for Edition so my knowledge is not totally up-to-date.

I have been frustrated that my authored DVD's with animated picons don't work on my Panasonic nor on my new Sony blu-ray player. I wasted disk after disk -r, +r, x1 write, x2 write, eventually went to -rw and nothing worked. Tried VBR, CBR, reduced, e-mailed Paul Ekert who suggested various things to try - Zilch! No joy!

About to go to bed in disgust, I went through to say good-night to my wife who was in the conservatory when I remembered that she had a combo on her TV there, bought from ASDA for 2 x bubblegum wrappers - whatever, it was cheap. I have now tried the -r, +r, VBR, CBR, et al and they all WORK PERFECTLY!

So I have a decision to sleep on - either Panasonic and Sony need to brush up their acts or AVID, sorry Pinnacle Liquid is total crap on DVD authoring! I'll try again to-morrow with Studio Ultimate 12.

Alan

< Message edited by alan wells -- 10/23/2008 4:01:19 PM >
Post #: 7
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 10/23/2008 3:41:11 PM   
shambels

Equipment:
Dell XPS400 Windows XP Home Pentium D 2.8 ghz 3GB RAM, Radeon X600 256mb, 160GB, 200GB HDs, Studio 9Plus (9.3.5) Avid Liquid 7.20 (Build 4296) . Camcorders: Canon Vixia HFM300, Canon Sureshot S1 IS, highspeed cable internet
I have had problems in the past with Sony players being unable to read home burned discs.  I have Phillips, Sylvania and Magnavox players in the house and they have no trouble.  Who knows why?

Melvin Shambels
"Gurgle on with Liquid!!"
Post #: 8
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 8/9/2009 5:33:24 PM   
Yarra

Liquid problem -
I (not Liquid) have a problem.  Yesterday I was at an outdoors event, and took a lot of Video, unfortunately something went wrong with a bit of it.  Some of the clips are very dark - clear and good but dark.  About four of them.  I think they are usable  I hope so.
I have been looking all day and just can not find how to brighten them up and see what I get as I go.

Anyone care to help me a little please?

< Message edited by Yarra -- 8/9/2009 5:34:47 PM >
Post #: 9
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 8/9/2009 7:15:30 PM   
Yarra

Never mind.  I think I got it.   I hope so anyway.

Post #: 10
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 8/10/2009 2:33:33 AM   
Mike Shaw

Just in case ... there are (without checking) brightness/contrast filters in the RT, Classic and Commotion filter sets.

You can also try the AutoColour correction filter (RT I believe) - that sometimes works for me.

The one I always go to first though is the clip viewer's basic colour adjustments (no keyframing on this one) - to get to that (in my set up) double click on a clip - it depends on how you've set up the double-click result for a clip - then open the colour adjusters by clicking on the arrow top right of the clip viewer display. You can adjust highlights, medium tones and shadows independently (each colour and brightgness in each case), plus overall saturation and hue. But as I say, no keyframing on this one.

Resetting any value - simply click on the 'dot' next to the value.

Once (and if) you manage to correct one clip that way, you can save the settings (bottom of clip viewer's colopur correction setting), then apply those settings - perhaps as a starting point - to the next clip by loading them in again.

Now if I've given you a whole exercise in sucking eggs, apologies!

Mike

No one knows more than me
just how little I know...
Post #: 11
RE: Liquid Tutorials Page - 8/10/2009 7:05:41 AM   
Yarra

Thanks Mike.
I learned a lot from you post. Much info gladly received, and all useful.
Many Thanks

< Message edited by Yarra -- 8/10/2009 7:07:32 AM >
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [SOFTWARE] >> VIDEO APPLICATIONS >> Liquid >> Liquid Tutorials Page Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode