Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Features of IClone 5.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [SOFTWARE] >> ANIMATION APPLICATIONS & TECHNIQUES >> iClone >> New Features of IClone 5.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Features of IClone 5.5 - 8/28/2013 8:34:37 AM   
Alley

Equipment:
Quad 6600 @ 2.4 512 8800 GT video card 3HD - 3 x 500 1 external 80, 1 external 300 4 gig ram Studio 12 Ultimate Ulead Video Studio 10 Adobe Premier Elements 3, Adobe Photoshop Elements 5, Photoshop CS3, Proshow Producer
I am so behind in what the program can do that I believe some of you other iCloners are ready to teach me a thing or two.

At the risk of sounding stupid....the two features that I see that give it added value are:

1) The MotionPlus which enables you to save facial motions along with body motions for future application to another character;

2) The ability to make some adjustments to Large Scale terrains, like making hilly terrain flat, etc.

So, what else should I be noticing about this new version?

Alley
Post #: 1
RE: New Features of IClone 5.5 - 8/28/2013 9:21:41 AM   
justaviking

Equipment:
Homebuilt - 64-bit Win7, Intel i7-3770k, 256GB SSD, Asus motherbaord, lots of hard drives, dual 28-inch monitors, 750W power supply, Antec P-160W case
THIS VIDEO provides a good overview of some new features.

So
much
to
learn!!!

I am still horrible at most of the basic iClone avatar animation methods. My background always makes me lean toward doing too much key-framing, and I know there are more efficient methods, but I just haven't internalized them into my way of thinking yet. I always forget which control is where, and what takes priority and overrides other actions. I spend a lot of my time looking for a control button that I saw on a YouTube tutorial once, but I can't remember where it was. Slowly, slowly I'll learn. I need to quit playing with props and get back to controlling the people again.

P.S.
Does anyone else think the narrator for the video (above) looks like Chuck, the iClone avatar?

< Message edited by justaviking -- 8/28/2013 9:23:01 AM >

Currently editing with Studio 19, making movies in iClone 6, and exploring Substance Designer... I just wish I could be doing more of it.
Post #: 2
RE: New Features of IClone 5.5 - 8/28/2013 6:32:00 PM   
colour

Equipment:
CAM: PANASONIC MX 500 3CCD. PC : ADVENT T9202/MS 7046 MOBO/Dual P4 550J 3.4GHz CPUs/1GB PC 3200 RAM/ATI X600-PRO PCIe Graphics Card/2x200Gb SEAGATE SATA HDDs/ARTEC MF DVD-ROM/PIONEER MF DL DVD-RW. SOFTWARE: S8/S10.7/Liquid 5.5/Heroglyph/Adorage/PSE4
Weeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll......

Perhaps a bit controversial;

IMO, there are so many iClone Features now that have been added since iC3, there's a danger of spending/wasting too much time playing around with them & achieving nothing by way of creating a complete Storyline Video within a reasonable timescale.

I'm still figuring-out a system for the most economical way of using iClone for maximum results in the shortest possible time.

Well, I did have a signature, but people kept forging it - So now I don't sign anything.
Post #: 3
RE: New Features of IClone 5.5 - 1/30/2014 6:46:12 PM   
Longcross

Equipment:
I got a lotta stuff
Did they ever update the pdf manual for 5.51? mine is 5.0.

Brian

He checks his sanity with a watch. What do you check yours with? PinheadHQ
Post #: 4
RE: New Features of IClone 5.5 - 2/12/2014 2:18:00 AM   
colour

Equipment:
CAM: PANASONIC MX 500 3CCD. PC : ADVENT T9202/MS 7046 MOBO/Dual P4 550J 3.4GHz CPUs/1GB PC 3200 RAM/ATI X600-PRO PCIe Graphics Card/2x200Gb SEAGATE SATA HDDs/ARTEC MF DVD-ROM/PIONEER MF DL DVD-RW. SOFTWARE: S8/S10.7/Liquid 5.5/Heroglyph/Adorage/PSE4

quote:

ORIGINAL: Longcross

Did they ever update the pdf manual for 5.51? mine is 5.0.

IMO - No, Brian.

You need to use the On-Line Help that includes the additional Features added to successive iClone Versions since Version 5.0.

Well, I did have a signature, but people kept forging it - So now I don't sign anything.
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [SOFTWARE] >> ANIMATION APPLICATIONS & TECHNIQUES >> iClone >> New Features of IClone 5.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode