Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Camcorders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [HARDWARE] >> CAMERAS / CAMCORDERS >> Camcorders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Camcorders - 10/6/2014 7:04:04 AM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro
Hi All.....

I'm looking for a decent, small, inexpensive (Under $400?) camcorder that has a viewfinder.

I try to take video with my Nikon D5200 and unless it's a cloudy day, I can't see what is happening on the display so my videos are horrible. I've tried to take video with my iPhone, but I have the same problem..... the display fades in the sunshine.
I either need an umbrella to shade my camera, or I need to look through a viewfinder, but that seems to be a hard thing to find these days.

Any recommendations?

Kayla
Post #: 1
RE: Camcorders - 10/7/2014 6:17:02 AM   
Roadside Ron

Equipment:
GS-400, TRV-39 AMD 64 3500+ Dfi nforce4 board 2x Maxtor 60 gig Raid-0 1x Maxtor 250 ATA storage ATI x600 Pro video card Pioneer 8x DVD burner Windows XP Pro SP-2 Corsair 2x512 DDR-400 ram
I just bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. It's not an everyday throw around camera but it is a top of the line camera and camcorder. I've tried the slow motion and it's awesome. I haven't really tried the 4K video yet, but I'm sure I'll like it when I do. And the photos are awesome. It might be bulky for most people, though.

www.EssaysMadeEasy.com

Shamless promotion
Post #: 2
RE: Camcorders - 10/8/2014 4:57:53 AM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro
That resembles my Nikon and looks like it might have the same issue with the display and sunshine?
Can you shoot video while looking through the viewfinder?

Kayla
Post #: 3
RE: Camcorders - 10/8/2014 6:20:06 AM   
Roadside Ron

Equipment:
GS-400, TRV-39 AMD 64 3500+ Dfi nforce4 board 2x Maxtor 60 gig Raid-0 1x Maxtor 250 ATA storage ATI x600 Pro video card Pioneer 8x DVD burner Windows XP Pro SP-2 Corsair 2x512 DDR-400 ram
The viewfinder is very clear and works perfectly on that camera while taking video. It's almost like looking at a high def screen.

www.EssaysMadeEasy.com

Shamless promotion
Post #: 4
RE: Camcorders - 10/12/2014 10:48:54 PM   
gjslaw

Equipment:
Not worth talkin' about around here.
I'd love to know where you can purchase an FZ1000 for under 400 bucks.

So Kayla, are you looking for a camera that takes video or a real camcorder? The problem is that not many of the cheaper camcorder models have a viewfinder rather than using an LCD screen on the back. Nor do many of the DSLR group provide a viewfinder for video.

I don't know if this is of any interest, but the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 is a point and shoot that has an EVF as well as an LCD screen. It also has a 30x optical zoom and a number of other advanced features. I currently have the silver one on back order, but I believe the black model is available for your budget.

Anything worth doing is
worth doing well

Greg
Post #: 5
RE: Camcorders - 10/14/2014 5:45:45 AM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro

quote:

ORIGINAL: gjslaw

So Kayla, are you looking for a camera that takes video or a real camcorder? The problem is that not many of the cheaper camcorder models have a viewfinder rather than using an LCD screen on the back. Nor do many of the DSLR group provide a viewfinder for video.

I already have a camera that takes video but trying to shoot video on a bright day while looking at the LCD screen is not very productive. My daughter runs track and I only managed to get one decent video all season because it was a cloudy and dreary day.
[brag mode on] Luckily the video was the race for the 400 meter State Champion, which she won. Woo Hoo!! So Proud. [/brag mode off]
But the video is a bit shaky in parts because tripods are not allowed at the state meet. Looking through a view finder would add some stability as it's braced against my face.

I'll check out the link to the Lumix.
At this point, for what I want to use it for, I don't even care if the unit has a LCD screen at all.

Kayla
Post #: 6
RE: Camcorders - 10/14/2014 10:56:26 AM   
gjslaw

Equipment:
Not worth talkin' about around here.
You might also want to take a look at something like this screen hood.

Anything worth doing is
worth doing well

Greg
Post #: 7
RE: Camcorders - 10/14/2014 8:35:51 PM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro

quote:

ORIGINAL: gjslaw

You might also want to take a look at something like this screen hood.

YES, YES, YES....... but not exactly. Looking at that led me to something like THIS. Shade and stability.
How come I didn't know these existed? Go figure.

Now I have to figure out which one to get. It looks like there are a lot of options.

Thanks for the nudge in that direction Greg.

Kayla
Post #: 8
RE: Camcorders - 10/14/2014 8:45:52 PM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro
I just realized that both of you recommended a Panasonic Lumix. Different flavors, but same brand.
I guess I should look into those a bit more.

Kayla
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [HARDWARE] >> CAMERAS / CAMCORDERS >> Camcorders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote