Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [GENERAL] >> Photo Based Projects >> Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help - 9/3/2015 5:15:49 AM   
RogRead

Equipment:
Home built: Intel Core i5 750 quad, ASUS P7P55 LX, 8Gb DDR3, ATI HD4350 512Mb, 120 Gb SSD, 2 internal 1Tb HDD, 1 external 1Tb. Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Vegas 12 Pro, DVD Architect 6, PSE8, CT6 Pro, Crazy Talk Animator. Camcorder: Sony CX115 Handycam
Trying to set up my Baltic Cruise photo essay, but can't remember how to insert photos into the text - ie photo, caption underneath, new photo and caption etc.

Anyone able to help?

Roger

Old age and Treachery will triumph over youth and skill
Post #: 1
RE: Help - 9/3/2015 6:09:49 AM   
Mike Shaw

It would help a wee bit if you said what programme you were using to write the text!

If it's Word, then select from the top tabs 'Insert' then 'Picture'.

Same sort of thing if you're using a Publisher programme like Serif's PagePlus. With a Publisher programme it is probably a wee bit easier to arrange and layout everything.

For the captions (either type of programme) one can use a Text Box, and position it as required.

In any event, most programmes will have an 'Insert' option of some kind - so that's the first thing to look for if the question has been answered yet.

Hope that helps

Mike

No one knows more than me
just how little I know...
Post #: 2
RE: Help - 9/3/2015 6:25:12 AM   
RogRead

Equipment:
Home built: Intel Core i5 750 quad, ASUS P7P55 LX, 8Gb DDR3, ATI HD4350 512Mb, 120 Gb SSD, 2 internal 1Tb HDD, 1 external 1Tb. Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Vegas 12 Pro, DVD Architect 6, PSE8, CT6 Pro, Crazy Talk Animator. Camcorder: Sony CX115 Handycam
Thanks for the quick reply, Mike.

I was trying to do it within the VFF posting window. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I just can't work it out.

Maybe, on reflection, it might be easier to compose it externally and then copy it. I'll give that a try.

Roger

Post #: 3
RE: Help - 9/3/2015 6:54:38 AM   
Mike Shaw

Ahh! Of course - the one thing that I didn't think of - and is bloomin' obvious if I had thought for a moment.

Right, when you're composing a post, look down at the bottom of the box you're writing in and you'll see a 'click here to upload - click that, browse to your picture (mustn't ne too large!), then when it is uploaded, click on the box Click to 'embed picture in post.

However, the message seems to be one can only embed one picture per post.

So maybe one of the Moderators had better advise instead of me - cos I've probably got it wrong!

Oh - and I had to edit this post to put this bit under the picture! There is nprobably a better way ... oh dear. Not much help am I. I'll go back to sleepy-bues now then ...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mike Shaw -- 9/3/2015 6:57:58 AM >

Mike

No one knows more than me
just how little I know...
Post #: 4
RE: Help - 9/3/2015 9:24:45 AM   
RogRead

Equipment:
Managed to get two photos and captions on one post, but much fiddling and editing required. There must be an easier way.

Roger

Post #: 5
RE: Help - 9/3/2015 8:00:08 PM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogRead

Managed to get two photos and captions on one post, but much fiddling and editing required. There must be an easier way.

There is.......

..... but we're all getting a tad older and can't remember. Yikes.

Kayla
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [GENERAL] >> Photo Based Projects >> Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote