Video Friends Forum Video Friends Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Why does this happen?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [SOFTWARE] >> IMAGING APPLICATIONS >> Why does this happen? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why does this happen? - 11/24/2015 7:32:33 PM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro
I'm pulling my hair out here.

I have photos that photoshop has so kindly enhanced for me, but when I open them on my phone, or upload them to be printed, they revert back to the un-enhanced original version. The enhanced versions are saved into a completely different folder.

Here is an example of what it's suppose to be (on the left) and what it changes to (on the right).

Anyone know how to stop this from happening? Or know why it happens?

They literally change in front of my eyes..... these are actually screenshots taken the moment I open the photo, and then a few seconds later, after it changes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KGatz003.5 -- 11/24/2015 7:46:06 PM >

Kayla
Post #: 1
RE: Why does this happen? - 11/24/2015 7:37:33 PM   
MikeC578

Equipment:
Quad Core 9650, 4GB OCZ Pplatinum PC3 14400 DDR3 SDRAM, ASUS P5 E3 Premium MoBo, 1 SATA3 1TB HDD + 3 SATA WD 500 GB HDD's, 3 External WD IDE 300 GB HDD's, Benq, HP, LG DVD burners, Studio 12.1 (for work), Studio 11.1 (for play) ASUS ENGTX260 Video, HP Scanjet 4070, Epson R200, Realtek HD Audio (Integrated)
And you used the 'Save As' command from File? Save it in a different location maybe then send it to your phone and see if it still changes/reverts... I know I edited a ton of pictures during a recent trip using my iPad and when I transferred them from my iPad to my pc ALL the changes weren't included - I got the original versions.

Mike C.
I once lost a game of chess to a computer, but it was no match for me when it came to kick-boxing!
www.softtouchvideo.ca
Post #: 2
RE: Why does this happen? - 11/24/2015 7:49:12 PM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro
Yes, used "Save As' and saved to a different location. I tried sending them by both email and text. I sent them to my iphone and my daughters Samsung thingy, but they all change.
I just don't get it.

Is this an Apple thing I wonder? I'm using photoshop on my MAC. But my iphone should display them properly then. ??

< Message edited by KGatz003.5 -- 11/24/2015 7:50:19 PM >

Kayla
Post #: 3
RE: Why does this happen? - 11/24/2015 9:47:33 PM   
gjslaw

Equipment:
Not worth talkin' about around here.
Kayla, I think it is a color space issue. What color space are you using to shoot the photo? AdobeRGB or sRGB? You may want to change it to the other to see if it makes a difference in your workflow. Or did these photos start out as RAW/NEF files (which don't have an embedded color space). Are you using Photoshop or Elements? Here are a couple of articles that will hopefully explain it a lot better than I could - but it is a very complicated issue.

Color Space.

AdobeRGB vs. sRGB.

Anything worth doing is
worth doing well

Greg
Post #: 4
RE: Why does this happen? - 11/30/2015 8:41:14 PM   
KGatz003.5

Equipment:
MacBook Pro
Well...... after reading the info in your links, I took a close look at my photos and discover that the ones that are causing issues have color profiles of either ProPhoto RGB or Adobe RGB (1998).
Some started out as NEF files and some started out as JPG's. (But I'm wondering if these jpg's are the ones I opened as camera raw files. I'm thinking they must be.)

I found the setting for the Color Profile and changed it to sRGB. It was set on Adobe RGB (1998) That has solved the problem. (knocks on wood)

Now I have to re-save my naughty photos.

Thanks Greg!!!

Kayla
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [SOFTWARE] >> IMAGING APPLICATIONS >> Why does this happen? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode